- Position: Technical Helpdesk Support Specialist
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Location: Allentown PA
This person will be responsible for providing 1st level desktop and technical support for employees. Configure, deploy, troubleshoot and resolve issues related to software, hardware, peripheral devices, servers, networks and other various applications that are specific to our internal clients.
At Ideal Concepts, we build advanced software and internet applications which tie complicated multi-platform back-end systems to leading edge, innovative, front end web software technology. We embrace the newest technologies and place an extreme emphasis on both technology and client service. This effort leads to the building of innovative technology, not only in our industry, but also inspires others in the IT industry to do the same.
Our company is growing at such a rapid pace that it's now evident that we need to expand our support team to service the increase in staff members. We are looking for a hardworking, quality driven person with a proven track record of providing a high level of successful service with a focus on accurate and efficient solutions to common problems.
- Support a variety of technical systems including Windows 10, MS Active Directory, Windows Server 2016, desktop applications and cloud services (Office 365 / Azure).
- Provide exceptional customer service in person, via phone and email as appropriate.
- Troubleshoot printers and peripheral devices.
- Track and log all calls and support requests in the ticketing system.
- Utilize remote desktop control software to aid in customer resolutions.
- Escalate calls to the proper functional area based on priority.
- Research products for new releases, updates and technical information to proactively identify innovative solutions to increase service and efficiencies.
- Prepare and maintain network documentation as needed.
- Bachelors Degree
- A minimum of 2+ years’ experience in an IT-related position.
- Solid knowledge and experience supporting MS Active Directory, Windows 10 and Windows Server 2016.
- Working knowledge of desktop applications and cloud services (Office 365 / Azure).
- Experience supporting Windows 7 through 10. Mac OS and Linux is a plus.
- Basic knowledge supporting networking components (DNS, DHCP, Email, HTTP, TCP/IP and VPN)
- Strong ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical staff.
- Excellent ability to multi-task
- Strong time management skills.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Strong verbal communication and problem solving skills.
- Strong desire to learn and grow professionally.
- Demonstrate and promote the company vision
- Conduct all activities in a safe and efficient manner
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
We have been honored with the Top Workplaces in the Lehigh Valley award two years in a row and have topped the Inc. 5000 list for the third year in a row. With our growth track record, you will find unlimited advancement and career development opportunities.
- Fully covered health benefits (100% company contribution), including major medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Competitive bonus structure
- Employee 401k Plan
- Generous PTO policy
- 8 paid pre-determined holidays
- Technology focused, fast paced working environment
- Professional team atmosphere with motivated, career-driven professionals as co-workers
- Expansion and growth with one of the top health insurance marketing companies in the nation