- Position: Windows Systems Administrator
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Location: Allentown PA
This position includes working with an IT Manager to implement and maintain complex IT infrastructure such as business and production systems, networks, firewalls, physical servers, virtualization with Hyper-V, disaster recovery and more. Our ideal person will also be responsible for providing desktop and technical support for employees; IT related training and troubleshooting of issues related to software, hardware, devices, servers, networks, etc.
At Ideal Concepts, we build advanced software and internet applications which tie complicated multi-platform back-end systems to leading edge, innovative, front end web software technology. We embrace the newest technologies and place an extreme emphasis on both software architecture and client usability. This effort leads to the building of innovative technology, not only in our industry, but in the IT industry overall Much of our IT infrastructure relates to the products that we build.
We also have some Linux/UNIX based systems as well as a variety of networking and firewall equipment, including Juniper SonicWall. We work mostly in the Windows environment and need someone who has strong Windows abilities.
We are looking for a hardworking, quality driven person with a proven track record of excellence in their field to be considered for this unique opportunity to join the Ideal Concepts team and grow with our top growth company.
- Ensure IT hardware, software, and networking equipment are managed and maintained in accordance with processes, procedures and guidelines.
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining network user’s accounts, user environment, directories and security.
- Train users on software and equipment usage.
- Respond to questions and needs of network users regarding access to their network resources and the operations of various hardware and software programs.
- Responsible for developing and communicating standards for use, operations and security of the network, personal computers and data.
- Research and evaluate technologies.
- Test and install software upgrades.
- Collect and analyze network and system performance/utilization information and maintenance of systems for optimal working ability.
- Work closely with other staff to achieve needed IT administration and support.
The most heavily considered candidates will have
- 3+ years IT Administration experience in a windows environment
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Information Technology, Information Systems, Computer Engineering, or related field
Excellent knowledge of windows server (2012+) and Windows OS (XP+)
- Experience in installation of operating system, joining to a domain, DNS, DHCP, WINS, Terminal Services, MS Exchange, etc.
- Significant experience in desktop support- Microsoft Office, Outlook, Excel, Word, Publisher, Adobe Acrobat Reader, Visio, and other software.
- Knowledge of Hyper-V Virtualization Technology and Storage Spaces Direct.
- Knowledge of SQL Server 2014+
- Aptitude and desire to learn new technologies.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Comfortable working independently and in a team environment.
- Fully covered health benefits (100% company contribution), including major medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- 8 paid pre-determined holidays
- Employee 401k Plan
- Generous PTO
- Technology focused, fast paced working environment
- Professional team atmosphere with motivated, career-driven professionals as co-workers
- Expansion and growth with one of the top health insurance marketing companies in the nation