- Position: IT Manager - Infrastructure Guru
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Location: Allentown PA
Ideal Concepts Inc. is looking for experienced hands-on IT Manager/Senior Systems Engineer who will actively lead and oversee the implementation and maintenance of our company’s IT/IS needs while
This person will be in charge of all of our complex IT infrastructure including business and production systems with 24x7 uptime requirement, IT-related training for staff, and troubleshooting of issues related to software,
This includes networks, firewalls, physical servers, virtualization, disaster recovery, tertiary redundancy, backups, and more. Support will
A strong background in DevOps will be helpful, as it will
- Help set up and maintain our in-house disaster recovery system based on MS Hyper V Virtualization and Microsoft Storage Spaces.
- Responsible for designing, specifying, configuring, installing, and maintaining LAN/WAN hardware,
softwareand telecommunications equipment.
- Manage personal computers, system software, software applications, phones, printers, copiers, servers (both physical & virtual) routers, bridges, switches, modems, cabling & internet providers
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining our servers including file share, Active Directory, MS Exchange, MS SQL Server, IIS,
Asterisk(Linux) phone servers.
- Develop implementing policies and procedures related to network hardware, server,
device,and software,implementation, use, support, security, and backup.
- Establish and maintain network
user’saccounts, user environment, directories, and security.
- Train users on software and equipment usage.
- Respond to the needs and questions of network users concerning their access to resources on the network and the operations of various software programs.
- Research and
evaluatecurrent and new technologies.
- Test and install software upgrades and new hardware.
- Collect and analyze
networkand system performance/utilization information and maintain systems in optimal working ability.
- Work closely with other staff as needed to achieve needed IT administration and support.
- Coordinate and implement infrastructure software and hardware updates on off-peak hours
- Manage our infrastructure spanning 2 data centers, cloud-based
and twophysical office locations in the Lehigh Valley
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum GPA of 3.0 in Information Technology, Information Systems, Computer Engineering, or a related field.
- Excellent knowledge of Disaster Recovery, specifically with Microsoft Hyper-V Virtualization and Microsoft Storage Spaces Direct.
- Excellent knowledge of Windows Server platforms (2012+)
- Experience installing operating systems, joining to domains, DNS, DHCP, WINS, Terminal Services, MS Exchange, SQL Server 2014+, etc.
- Expert knowledge on desktop software Microsoft Office, Outlook, Excel, Word, Publisher, Adobe Acrobat Reader, Visio, and other software.
- 10+ years’ experience in complex IT
administration,and 5+ years in IT management of both technology and employees
- Aptitude and desire to learn new technologies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable working independently and in a team environment
- Excellent leadership abilities
- Fully covered health benefits (100% company contribution), including major medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Opportunity to work for a TECHNOLOGY FORWARD company that dedicates
significantenergy to the IT department's needs, valueand input.
- Generous PTO policy
- 8 paid pre-determined holidays
- Employee 401k Plan
- Technology-focused, fast-paced working environment
- Professional team atmosphere with motivated, career-driven professionals as
- Expansion and growth with one of the top health insurance marketing companies in the nation