- Position: IT Manager
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Location: Allentown PA
Ideal Concepts Inc. is looking for experienced hands-on IT Manager/Senior Systems Engineer who will actively lead and oversee the implementation and maintenance of our company’s IT/IS needs while effectively managing our IT resources and a staff of 3 to 5 individuals.
This person will be in charge of all of our complex IT infrastructure including business and production systems with 24x7 uptime requirement, IT-related training for staff, and troubleshooting of issues related to software, hardware, devices, servers, networks, etc.
This includes networks, firewalls, physical servers, virtualization, disaster recovery, tertiary redundancy, backups, and more. Support will be required for a variety of systems including endpoint devices, pcs, printers, phones, file shares, Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange, MS SQL Server, IIS, Asterisk phone server (Linux/Unix based), Microsoft Hyper-V Virtualization, Microsoft Storage Spaces Direct VSAN technology, as well as a variety of networking equipment including Juniper, SonicWall, HP switches, and more. We work mostly in the Windows environment and also have some Linux/UNIX-based systems and a variety of networking and firewall equipment. We build advanced software and internet applications that tie together complicated multi-platform back-end systems to leading edge, innovative, front-end web software technology. We embrace the newest technologies and place extreme emphasis on both software architecture and client usability. This effort leads to the building of innovative technology, not only in our industry but in the overall IT industry. Much of our IT infrastructure relates to the products we build.
A strong background in DevOps will be helpful, as it will be a required function of this position. Considered individuals will have 10+ years’ experience in complex IT administration, and 5+ years' in IT Management of both technical and human resources, and should be intelligent, hard-working, and a strong leader, with a proven track record of having excelled in this field. We will consider only individuals with the highest level of skills and abilities for this unique opportunity to join our fast-growing company.
- Help set up and maintain our in-house disaster recovery system based on MS Hyper V Virtualization and Microsoft Storage Spaces.
- Responsible for designing, specifying, configuring, installing, and maintaining LAN/WAN hardware, software and telecommunications equipment.
- Manage personal computers, system software, software applications, phones, printers, copiers, servers (both physical & virtual) routers, bridges, switches, modems, cabling & internet providers
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining our servers including file share, Active Directory, MS Exchange, MS SQL Server, IIS, Asterisk (Linux) phone servers.
- Develop implementing policies and procedures related to network hardware, server, device, and software, implementation, use, support, security, and backup.
- Establish and maintain network user’s accounts, user environment, directories, and security.
- Train users on software and equipment usage.
- Respond to the needs and questions of network users concerning their access to resources on the network and the operations of various software programs.
- Research and evaluate current and new technologies.
- Test and install software upgrades and new hardware.
- Collect and analyze network and system performance/utilization information and maintain systems in optimal working ability.
- Work closely with other staff as needed to achieve needed IT administration and support.
- Coordinate and implement infrastructure software and hardware updates on off-peak hours
- Manage our infrastructure spanning 2 data centers, cloud-based and two physical office locations in the Lehigh Valley
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum GPA of 3.0 in Information Technology, Information Systems, Computer Engineering, or a related field.
- Excellent knowledge of Disaster Recovery, specifically with Microsoft Hyper-V Virtualization and Microsoft Storage Spaces Direct.
- Excellent knowledge of Windows Server platforms (2012+)
- Experience installing operating systems, joining to domains, DNS, DHCP, WINS, Terminal Services, MS Exchange, SQL Server 2014+, etc.
- Expert knowledge on desktop software Microsoft Office, Outlook, Excel, Word, Publisher, Adobe Acrobat Reader, Visio, and other software.
- 10+ years’ experience in complex IT administration, and 5+ years in IT management of both technology and employees
- Aptitude and desire to learn new technologies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable working independently and in a team environment
- Excellent leadership abilities
- Company pays 100% of the employee's weekly premium for major medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Opportunity to work for a TECHNOLOGY FORWARD company that dedicates significant energy to the IT department's needs, value and input.
- Generous PTO policy
- 8 paid pre-determined holidays
- Employee 401k Plan
- Technology-focused, fast-paced working environment
- Professional team atmosphere with motivated, career-driven professionals as co-workers
- Expansion and growth with one of the top health insurance marketing companies in the nation
This is an on-site position, located in Allentown, PA. In light of COVID-19 (Coronavirus), we have made temporary arrangements for our staff to be able to work remotely. Once we are cleared to return to our offices, remote work will not be an option for this position.Apply Now