- Position: SQL Database Developer
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Location: Allentown PA
We are looking for a senior level SQL Database Developer who has in-depth experience with Microsoft SQL Server versions 2012/2014 and ideally 2016. The Ideal candidate will have an extensive enterprise background using MS SQL Server and be able to understand complex SQL design concepts, practices and procedures.
This position involves identifying business requirements, developing data models, performing data analysis, writing advanced SQL queries, designing and coding complex stored procedures and performance tuning existing database processes.
- Design and develop database objects, tables, stored procedures, views, triggers and SSIS packages.
- Performance tuning the stored procedures and T-SQL.
- Assist developers with
complexquery tuning and schema refinement.
- Independently analyze, solve and correct issues in real time while providing efficient resolutions.
- Respond to feedback from users regarding performance and work with developers to improve the performance of queries and indexes.
- Tune T-SQL queries to improve performance and sustainability.
- Provide support for the deployment of database scripts in development, test, pre-production and production environments.
- Monitor database performance parameters to provide fast query responses to front-end users.
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum GPA of 3.0 in Computer Science or a related field of study.
- In-depth knowledge of standard concepts, practices and procedures related to database management.
- Senior Level: 7+ years of experience in software development using Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2, T-SQL and T-SQL language (queries, views, procedures), SQL Server database design, stored procedure design and implementation.
- Experience coding complex stored procedures (using T-SQL).
- Experience developing SSIS packages.
- Proven analytical
problem solvingand debugging skills.
- Experience in troubleshooting and resolving database integrity issues, performance issues, blocking and deadlocking issues, etc.
- Experience with performance tuning, query optimization, using Performance Monitor, SQL Profiler and other related monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
- Familiarity with BI technologies (e.g. Microsoft Power BI).
- Excellent communications skills (written and verbal).
- Fully covered health benefits (100% company contribution), including major medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- 8 paid predetermined holidays
- Employee 401K
- Generous PTO policy
- Technology focused,
fast pacedworking environment
- Professional team atmosphere with motivated, career-driven professionals as co-workers
- Expansion and growth with one of the top technology and health insurance marketing companies in the nation
H1B transfers are considered